Monday, October 1, 2012

Danger of a Single Story

1. What does it mean to have a 'single story' about a place or community? It means the stereotypes are all bundled together to form a story about the community of people. 2. Describe a single story you have heard told about your community. What is missing from that story? How could people learn more about that community? I have never actually told a story about my community. 3. Describe a single story you have heard about another community. How did you learn that story? How could you find out more about that community? I don't think I have heard a story about someone else's community, but I have heard about my dads past. 4. How could a game let players experience many stories about a place or community? It could let them experience the community by telling other peoples stories about their hardships and accomplishments.

2 comments:

  1. I have also told a single story and I felt dumb once I learned more about what I said. I have heard a lot of single stories though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a single story once. I think about it even now. Good job.

    ReplyDelete